The Lord is so AWESOME! I've just had the wildest last couple of weeks. And if you happen to read this and its about you THANKS for blessing me!
Well, to make some sense, I've been posting about how I want to see God touch people and while it took awhile these past few weeks I've been overwhelmed with God doing just that. Ok let me give you the breakdown of a few of the people I've been so blessed to see God sovereignly bless in front of me.
Lorna
Thursday our youth group did an outreach. We went to this ministry that gives food out. They have lots of fruit and vegetables and then all kinds of cans and stuff also. So the system I was giving out boxes of cans and stuff. When the people come up I first ask for their number, how many in their family, and then if I can pray for them for anything.
Well the day was going smooth and I'd prayed blessing for many peoples families and gave out many boxes. Then Lorna came up. She was a young Filipino woman who had a family of 4. I asked if I could pray for her and she said, "yes." So then I said "What would you like me to pray for?"
"I would like to be a Christian," she said. I was a little stunned and didn't expect that. We weren't at church and no one preached, we just gave out food. So then I asked her if she knew who Jesus was, that he was God, and she said yes. I asked if she knew that he died on the cross for her sins and that when she acknowledges that she is forgiven of all her sin. She nodded her head. I then asked if she ever asked him to come and live in her and she said no. So I told her that when she asks him to do that he comes as the Holy Spirit and fills her and marks her with his seal. She nodded. So I then led her in a prayer saying that she acknowledged all he did for her and to come live in her. Then I prayed for her. I told her that he will now never leave her and that he is with her always. I then went and got her food. I asked if she had a Bible and she said yes. She was totally shining and happy and very grateful that she was now a Christian. I was totally blown away.
Old Classmate
Yesterday morning we were having a meeting at a little place by our office. One of my classmates from high school drove up. I see him every now and then around town. The last time I saw him was about 3 years ago. So I went and said hi. He said he was on his way over to a friends house to help him out because he had a herniated disk in his back. We also caught up on work and life and stuff.
But then before he left I asked if we could pray for his friend. He was all in agreement. I was kinda nervous to ask cause I dunno what he believes and all. So he puts his hands out for me to hold his hands, so I do and we prayed for his friend. I haven't heard back yet, but if God moved in his friend's body like he did in just the enthusiasm in my former classmate, I'll be stoked. My friend was all appreciative and everything. I was trippin'. My whole focus was just to pray where I could see a place where God could move and bless someone. I didn't expect my friend to be so blessed and that was cool.
Long Lost Friend
Ok this is a wild one. My friend from 1st grade, I'll call her L, and I keep connecting in the wierdest ways. I'm not going into all the prior stories here, just the most current.
I ran in to her aunt at a conference in Feb. and she told me to call L. I didn't get around to calling her until March. Then she changed her number out of the blue and I couldn't get a hold of her. So July rolls around and I think maybe I dialed wrong so I try calling her number again last week Monday. It doesn't connect me to her so I figure, whatever, I tried.
Tuesday at work my boss comes in and says, "Guess who I just saw? I saw L at Subway. I gave her your number."
I told her "That is so strange because I just tried to call her yesterday."
So later that day L calls me and tells me she had a horrible nightmare the night before and I was in it. She woke up shouting my name at 4:30am. She said she felt like she needed to pray so she did. She said she hadn't prayed since she used to come to church a number of years ago. So she stayed up and just prayed. She said she asked the Lord to send someone to her because of all she's been going through and that she needed help.
So low and behold she's having lunch and my boss walks in and gives her my number. She was blown away. Her sister started preaching at her saying she needed to get back to church because whenever she prays God always answers her in that day or the next.
So after catching up on all that was going on in her life and mine we been talking almost everyday. She still has some major junk she's going through and working on but the Lord has been doing amazing things to show her he still loves her and is working with her. She herself is even amazed and I'm super encouraged to hear the stories. Its so much more of a healing of her heart than her circumstances. The circumstances will change as her heart gets healed and restored. He's such an awesome God!
My Best Friend
M and I have been friends since 3rd grade and except for jr. high and high school we've been close the whole time. In college we were serious drinking partners. When I stopped drinking as much as I did our relationship changed. But we managed to still find other things to do together, although it was a little wierd sometimes.
So, Friday I told her I'd go out with her another friend and she was all surprised. "You're coming to the W with us?" It's not so bad now that we are in our 30's. We all left by 11:30pm and went to Zippy's to eat and go home. Not like the old days, being out all night.
Anyway, I was talking to M on Saturday about her work and how she was all bummbed. I just shared a prophetic word with her and she was encouraged. Then I remembered the last time I prayed for her was to get a job and she got the one she has now.
Its a good job, she is just the lowest on the totem and wants to get back into her original position she had before the company had cut-backs. So I said, "ok, lets pray right now." So we did and again like the guy I mentioned above and a few others I haven't mentioned, she was super encouraged and blessed by the prayer. I was just praying what God promises us that he has blessing stored up for us, that we need to ask for it and for him to release his purpose into her life. And especially to remove anything holding it all up.
She mentioned how she talks to him, saying Ok God what is up? And that she often thinks he must have something really great for her cause its taking so long to come about. I myself was shocked at this point. I never knew she talked to him or thought that. She said she knew it was stupid but that's how she talks to him, I told her, "M, I fully talk to him the same way and think the same things. It's not stupid."
So I was super blessed by all these people and situations these past few weeks. The cool thing is I didn't preach or try to convince anyone I just got to see God touching their hearts and lives. I got to have my heart's desire these past few weeks. There are even more crazy things but I can't put in here right now. But when I start to see specific results, blessings and prayers answered maybe I'll share some of those, too.
He is good and really does give us the desires of our hearts. In fact I got the same prophetic word from 6 different people in the last 4 months that the Lord wants to give me the desires of my heart. Thank you Lord, and I'll gladly take more as my heart isn't yet satisfied. I want to see lives changed, transformed, made free and blessing and freeing others around them. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment