Sunday, June 05, 2005

Assignment: Random Prayers of Blessing

I spoke with a friend regarding My Heart's Desire and he was saying I sounded restless. After thinking about it a little I had to agree with him. But its not like a bad restlessness. I see it as a good thing. I realized I am restless to see God do the things He promised He would do and that I would do by his name.

Jesus said, "I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father." John 14:12

Ok, so he like raised the dead, healed the sick, cast out demons, provided food for like 5,ooo people out of a few fish and loaves, paid taxes from having Peter catch a fish with money in its mouth, allowed Peter to walk on water, knew about peoples lives, saved women from being persectuted by the systems of the times, walked away from a violent mob who was gonna kill him, turned water into wine and that's all I can think of right now. But thats more than I see us Christians doing and we're suppose to do that and more.

Ok, well I do hear reports of some Christians raising the dead, and healing the sick and telling people about themselves and drawing them to the Lord. But we're all sent to do that stuff and more. I'm restless because I want to be that kind of Christian.

The truth is I dunno what to do. Like I give food and money to the neighborhood homeless around my work area and I know them by name. I don't give money to the crack addicts but I'll buy them food if they are hungry. But I don't really want to just feed them, I want them to be healed and filled with life. I myself don't even know what the Lord has in store for them, but I know its more than just living from high to high.

Yes, I'm restless. I know change is possible, but how?

Today in church, my pastor had us stand in groups of 3 and just pray. So there was this woman I kinda know, but she's more an aquaintance than anything. I couldn't even remember her name. So we're praying and everyone is wrapping up and I just asked if I could pray something over her. I had seen a picture so I just started to pray along the lines of what I saw. Well, she just started crying. We were just holding hands and I just continued to pray for her and she almost fell over. It was so not the knocking someone over deal, and we had to catch her and hold her up.

I didn't ask her what was going on as service had resumed, but I was so stoked God met her. He did something and touched her heart. Thats what I want to see, God meeting people. That is what I'm restless for.

After service, one of the pastors wanted to pray for the youth, so me and the other youth leader joined them. I was so stoked to do more prayer that I abandoned the tape table. I didn't have anyone assigned to make copies so I figured I'd do it. But I didn't want to go make tapes, I wanted to see more of God move. One of the guys jumped in and took care of the tapes becasue no one was there. I was so greatful. So we prayed for the kids and you could just see such hunger on them. They were just so focused on Him and not even on us praying for them. It was great.

I guess I need to pray more. Duh, so simple yet complicated. So we'll start there. Will let you all know what happens this week. I'm going on the hunt for Him and opportunities to see people blessed. Its a start and hey I might see a miracle.

I'm reminded of John Wimber and how not everyone he prayed for was healed but more were healed, than if he hadn't prayed at all.

I love writing, its like I start out at one place and end somewhere else.

No comments: