This past weekend we had a major event and it charged me up. There was a Family Day fair at Kapiolani Park and two of our house churches joined in on the fun. We had a bunch of things to offer but the main two things we did was offer free spiritual readings and give out free drinks on the beach.
I heard the drinks were a hit and only a few people didn't take them. Some people asked why we were giving drinks out for free and were stoked to hear that we just wanted to bless them with God's love. Simple enough, they were cool with that.
But the best part for me was the spiritual readings. Basically, if you wanted a reading, you'd come sit down, and we'd say we are Christians, not psychics, and we believe Jesus knows everything about you and so we are just gonna ask him what he want to encourage you in today. Then we just ask the Lord to speak.
Me and another person prayed and I prayed for 8 people the whole day and I think I had one or two that I was possibly off. What I thought the Lord was telling me one woman didn't really see it and another I think the girl was trying to streach it to be nice. No biggie, I'm not perfect.
But everyone else was very cool. One woman we prayed for my partner got her profession exactly. She was totally amazed and kept tripping out she heard the Lord say what her profession was. The woman, she was totally calm. I guess she expected us to know things like that. It was pretty cool.
Most of the words I got were not that specific they were more encouraging and analogis than literal. I understood them and was able to explain them and they did make sense to the people we ministered to.
But it wasn't until the very last person we prayed for that I was totally stoked. The tent had been taken down and everyone was gone, except those I rode with. Me and my roomate prayed for this young woman and I could feel something pressing on my face and I kinda felt weak kneed. When I've experienced that before I found that it was an angelic prescence. So I opened my eyes and could vaugly see an angel standing in front of her with his hand on her head and he was speaking something over her. I couldn't make out what it was but could hear his voice. It was so cool. So when we were done I let her know what I saw and what I thought was going on and she was super encouraged.
I so live for that stuff, (see my Hearts Desire). Also, that woman I prayed for in church that one Sunday, well I heard from her friend that what I prayed was right on and that she was so blessed. She came up to me today and thanked me for praying.
Honestly, I love this stuff because I get to see how God sees others and how much He loves them. Its crazy! He rarely ever tells me something bad about someone and when he does I always think Hes scolding me for something. Then I find out later He was telling me something about them. I dont know yet why He does tell me bad stuff, but I guess to encourage them to not continue in that way. But I haven't yet done that. At some point I'll have to and we'll see what happens. But so far encouraging others toward him in areas He specifies is super rewarding. I love to just be a part of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment