Ok today was a little nuts I must say. I didn't get out of the house until 2pm and considering everything that happened I think it was pretty intense. But then again it could just be me being intense. Either way its quite a trip it all happened in 6 hours. I thought about doing this in 3 different posts but I'll just break it up with headers.
The Wrath of Me
I went to Costco to buy items for tomorrow's baptism and service at the beach. I needed to get quite a few things - 1 lrg cooler, 6 cases of water, 4 cases of juice, hamburgers, etc. (Argh, I just remembered I forgot the ketchup at the office.)
Now, take note its a Saturday at Costco in the heart of Honolulu. That means its CRAZY. I pull in the parking lot, on-a-mission mind you. I see a car pulling out and the spot is far from the entrance, but I figure I'll just take it and not waste time looking all over the place. Well, as I'm waiting, with my blinker on, this guy wants to go in front of me and get by. Sure thats cool, no need for me to stop the flow of traffic. I wave him by. But then I guess he didn't think I was sitting there for the spot, and he immediately goes to back in as soon as the guy pulls out.
Well, I lost it. I know, kinda stupid and all but it was the principle of it. And today, I just wasn't in the mood to be pushed around. So I slam on my horn for like 3-4 seconds, as he's reversing in. He says something, which I can't hear and I yell back, which he can't hear, because our windows are both up. Apparently, he gets the message that I was waiting for that spot and pulls out. I'm so glad I didn't need to get out of my car. I was so ready to. I wasn't gonna get pushed around.
I dunno what came over me. I've never done that before. Ever. I scare myself how nuts I can get. I felt really bad and wanted to apologize, cause it wasn't personal, just on edge and didn't want to be cut off like that. Plus, as I was yelling at him, I was thinking, "I think I know him from the yacht club. Yikes. Oh and if that is him, he's jerk on the water, too." I wondered if he recognized me but I don't think so.
Such evil thoughts. I didn't get to apologize and I did try. Saw him briefly in the store from afar and he looked like he was in a rush. Well I guess I can apologize next time I do see him. Grreeatt, looking forward to it. -NOT- That's what happens when you live on an island.
My Personal Police Log
"The only thing for the triumph of evil is when good people do nothing..." Sir Edmund Burke
So I leave Chaos, I mean Costco and put everything in the freezer at YWAM for RK to bring tomorrow. Write a note on it all and pray no one touches our stuff. Communal kitchens are a scary place. There was stuff that looked ancient in there, ugh.
So to treat myself, I go to Starbucks to get something cool. I sit down by the window so I can get a full view of this crazy lady, on something, across the street. I ask the guy next to me, "So what's going on here?"
The guy says, "I dunno, been trying to figure it out for awhile. She seems to be associated with the guy in the van, but I not sure what is up."
She was yelling at the guy in the van, then walking away. Then back and yelling at him again. Then he gave her a jacket, which she put on over her sweatshirt. So now she must be really hot cause it's super hot, humid and sunny out. Then she walks over to the newspaper stand and puts her purse in there. Then walks away, talking to herself the whole time. Then comes back and puts her other bag in there, too. Then she goes off to dance under the tree.
OK, its not hard to see she's whacked out on something. So I'm looking at everyone at Starbuck's and those outside walking by her. No one is even paying any attention. And she is a full on freak show.
So after some pondering, I call the cops and report someone on drugs and all she's doing. I mean what would you do? So they say they'll send a cop over. So I do a few more errands at the mall and come out to my car, which is parked right next to the freak show. No police came. As I'm leaving they do, too.
I was so bothered. I ranted to my mom on the phone for like 30 minutes. Then to my friend David, whose a lawyer (ie, smarter than me) about it. Basically, after talking to him, I came to the conclusion I'm gonna report everything, I see that is messed up and keep a log. I'm gonna even take pictures on my phone and just keep it with the log.
Then I can make sure the Police know and submit it to the neighborhood boards, district representatives and who ever needs to know to make a difference. If enough things happen it will be a fat log and will speak volumes.
I see so much stuff all over the place it disgusts me. The truth is the Police don't always get there in time and unless its dangerous its not as much of a priority. So I'm gonna do my own neighborhood watch.
It kinda feels stupid but I either do it or don't do anything. Wait, didn't I hear something about that in Batman? Something like, "What hope do we have if the good people do nothing?" Well I guess I should start making some superhero suit. Hmmm.
My friend Lisa says I have an activist anointing. While that's flattering and all, I can't help but think all Christians should be roused to activism. I mean we are suppose to share the good news, set the capitves free, heal the sick, raise the dead and fight the forces of darkness. I dunno, but that sounds like it should be a regular day in the life of an average Christian. What's wrong with the church that we don't do that more? We should be radical, and seeing hope, freedom, justice and lives changed by the power of God. That is suppose to be the basics.
An activist anointing is on every Christian, they just need to walk in it. (On a side note, please don't think I'm justifying my snap action prior to this section as activism. Yeah, I think he stole my spot but that is not evil. That's just unobservant.)
I'm mainly sick of seeing crazy drunkards yelling profanity at a bus stop, or kids drinking beer at the basketball court at 9am, or some guy holding his 1 yr. old baby on his lap while driving. I know there are bigger issues but when it comes down to black and white its all wickedness and lawlessness.
God Speaks at Supercuts
So on my way home I come in right at closing time to get a quick haircut at good 'ol supercuts. They actually cut my hair exactly how I tell them to, my hair grows fast and I'm cheap. It's only 15 bucks. It's way better then, when I cut it myself, as it's usually crooked then. And it really beats a 50 dollar haircut that I don't like.
So as I'm getting my hair cut I figure, I got lots to pray about so just gonna sit here and pray. Then I hear the Lord tell me to pray for the woman doing my hair. Here is my conversation with the Lord and then her.
Me: Ok Lord, what do you have to say?
God: She has a daughter, who is dear to her heart. She also has a son. Her kids are grown.
Me: Ok two kids, a boy and a girl.
God: She has two sons.
Me: Oh, ok, three kids. what else?
God: Her daughter is close to her heart.
So I'm thinking ok, what am I suppose to say? So I'm trying to be patient and hear from the Lord if there is anything more specific to say. So I wait. I got a few things but dunno if I was making stuff up at that point so decided to just go for it. So this is what happens.
Me: Um, this might sound kinda strange, but I'm a Christian and I was just sitting here praying and the Lord told me to pray for you. Do you have a daughter?
B: Yes, I have a daughter. She is 10.
Me: Yeah, cool, He said she is "dear to your heart."
B: Yeah, wow, that's weird because, I'm a Christian too, and I go to _________________ and my friend just passed away and ...
She went on for like 20 minutes about her friend and how she's speaking at her funeral coming up. And she was going off about the Bible and everything. She sounded like a very well versed Christian.
Me: Wow, you're really bold, that's great.
Then she shared about how her son is now going to church, too, and she's very happy about that.
Me: Oh so you have a son?
B: Yes, I have 2 children.
I thought ok I was wrong, whatever.
B: No, I have 3 children.
Me: Two boys and a girl.
B: Yes.
Me: Oh, ok, that's what the Lord told me. But the girl is "dear to your heart." Is she the baby?
B: Yes, my boys are in their 20's and she is 10, She's my baby.
I dunno why the Lord told me that or what the point of it was. She wasn't tripped out that I heard from the Lord and knew she had 3 kids. She totally believed me and even mentioned at one point that if you are in tune with the Lord you can hear God.
She and I had a great conversation and before I left I prayed for her as she would be speaking at the funeral. There was another woman there working late. She just watched us and listened to everything we said. As B rang me up she talked about how she was going to China soon and about the persecuted church there. I told her about Brother Yun and his book The Heavenly Man and the miracle of him walking out of the prison.
The other woman in the shop was in our converation at this point and she nodded her head in affirmation of the prosecution of the underground church in China as she was from there. I asked her, "Did you ever go to the underground church in China?" She hadn't. We talked about it a little more and then I asked her, "do you go to church here?" She said no. I jokingly said, "You should, its easy to go to church here. Its very good." She laughed and said, "Yes, its all good. Jesus good, Buddha good, ..." And I said with a smile, "Oh, honey, Jesus is the best. Only through him can you have life to the fullest." She smiled and laughed.
We wrapped up and I thanked them for taking me so late. It was such a blessing and very refreshing to end my day with that experience.
All in all it was pretty intense, for just 6 hours.
No comments:
Post a Comment