Friday, June 03, 2005

Gloria a Dios

I just got a letter from some friends who are missionaries in the jungles of Mexico. It was so cool I'd like to share there letter with you. I've edited it to just share the main point that spoke to me in the letter and the reality of what it is to be a Christian and advancing His Kingdom. They have it much harder than we do, and that makes me think that might why their faith is stronger. When you have it easy, you get lazy. It's not an excuse, just and observation.

Anyway, here is what they wrote:

Greetings!
. . . In March, six armed men ambushed one of our leaders and beat him severely, trying to kill him. He called out to Jesus and was saved. This has caused our new converts to draw together and the church is gaining momentum. Please pray for them as they are persecuted for their faith in Jesus that they would stand firm regardless of what comes in this life.

In August of 2004 I went to a village to have church. The brothers there brought me to a sick lady's house. She was almost totally blind and had leprosy. I explained the gospel to her and her husband. They both got saved. She began to sheepishly come to church on a weekly basis. In late October 2004 she walked in with a smile on her face and I could see she was healed. She told me, "I am healed. I can see." Jesus lives!

In November, one of my leaders was diagnosed with an acute appendicitis. We prayed for him and Jesus healed him. The Bible works!

This couple came and visited with us last summer. They are so awesome and faith filled and they do see the miracles that the Lord promises that we will see. They are such an encouragment to me and a blessing to the indians in Mexico. Their faith is simple and comes straight from the word.

Lord, bless them and continue to be glorified in their service, amen.

No comments: