Monday, May 30, 2005

Jello is the Goal

Ok, I know I haven't posted for awile. And certainly not anything interesting. Well I don't have anything interesting to post at present either. But I'm posting for the sake of posting. Dont worry, keep reading, it wont be that bad.

The parents were in town and so been doing the dinner thing. Eating out and gaining weight. Yuck. So now they have gone home and since it is summer and I need to be at the beach more I have been doing a lot of that.

The guys camped this weekend and us girls just spend the day and part of the night with them. The sky was filled with stars and it was great beautiful. After the bon fire was done us girls headed back to town about midnight. It wasn't that we didnt want to camp we just had things to do in the morning. But honestly, the things I wanted to do were done in my sleep as I got to bed quite late and slept most of the day. But y'know sometimes you just need to sleep til noon.

Today, went to the North shore again and surfed. Ok, I was tired after I paddled out and caught one wave. But managed to stay out for two hours. We surfed 3 different spots without going in and my body was so threatening me that it was gonna give me major pain tomorrow. It even let me have a sample right then and there. My muscles were all sore while I was still out.

I didn't care and just kept pushing it to the limit. There were some good waves and I can say I had a few good sized rides. Still need to work out and go often to get the rhythm back in my body. I finally went in, when I was turning to jello and saw my 5th turtle of the day. He was right under me when I jumped off my board. No I didn't hit him. It was still deep. But it was nice to see so many turtles. Took a little nap on the beach and the day was perfect.

I love long weekends, but they need to fully be lived out to be really good. I'd say this one was.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Sounds like an awesome day out on the water. 5 turtles, I'm jealous. :) It's funny, that working out till ya feel all jello-y makes one more fit and strong. Congrats on a weekend well spent, glad I was a part of it for a bit.

Swedishbrick said...

That sounds like a great weekend! Well I took some time and figured out the picture thing so I posted it up there for you! :-)