Thursday, May 19, 2005

Island Hopping

Heres some pictures of my weekend on Kauai. They are mostly of my niece and nephew as they are the coolest kids I know. The weekend was relaxing. It was nice to not have to think about organizing anything or anyone for 3 days. I got to see a bunch of people I haven't seen since last July. But on Kauai nothing really changes so it really did feel like I had just been away a few months. Well enjoy the pics. (Sorry, some were removed.)

This gigantic Kauai rooster had the worst voice ever. It sounded like it had larengitis when it would crow. Which it did every 20 minutes starting from 3am. Much worse than dealing with my alarm which goes off at 7am and then every 7 minutes, since I get up, walk across the room, snooze it and go back to sleep. Cant snooze the rooster and 3am is typical dawn for these dumb birds.

I actually held the sea urchin in my hand, too. The spikes were all moving around as its trying to walk away and escape. It was very cool.

animals
Elijah and Maddy also collected some starfish, sea cucumbers and a crab which you can't see to good. He was black with bright green lines on him. Y'think these kids could go into oceanography, but they'll probably grow up and be the average person with full on knowledge of the ocean and you'd never know it by looking at them or their career. It's just who they are.

We went surfing on Sunday, before I left. I caught one wave then I was pooped. It was a nice long ride, but that was the only one. See what happens when you get caught up in busyness? You lose your endurance to surf. Its a sad thing. Life loses a lot of meaning when that happens. Gotta make time to get back in the water on a regular basis. (sigh.)

couple on the beach
Chickens on the beach. Kauai is filled with chickens. I mean this is just ridiculous. In some countries there aren't enough chickens to go around. But not on Kauai. Think we need to start some kind of serious chicken diet to get the population under control. A gourmet trend could be set selling wild chickens.

No comments: