Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Who Can Embarrass Themselves the Most? Ok, You Win!

Ryanatwork
Ryan at work, he's the one in the middle.

My friend Ryan told us about how he and his friends used to see who could do the most embarassing thing. Whoever made the bigger fool of themselves won.

I dunno about you but I don't see how that can be considered victory. The ironic thing is moments after he told us about this game he unintentionally scored a gold medal for most embarassing act.

After church we were all gonna go to lunch. He was gonna jump in and ride with Rich. Being that Rich was parked in the uppper lot Ryan caught a ride with us up to the uppper lot. Before he jumped in the car he goofily walked into my front bummer as if I'd hit him. We were laughing and thinking, "what the heck, the car isn't even moving." So he jumps in and starts to tell us about the game of who can do the most embarassing thing.

So we're driving up to the upper lot and I see Rich waving at us. So I tell Ryan, there's Rich, so we'll meet you at lunch. He jumps out and I drive up the hill. But then I see Rich, and he asks where Ryan is. I realize that other car wasn't Rich but I dont know who it was. I saw Ryan jump in. We looked toward the car but didnt see him walking toward us so he must've still been in the car. We all started laughing so hard. Especially since he just told us about his game. Talk about perfect examples.

We'll we get to lunch and Ryan and Rich show up. So Ryan proceeds to share about how he opened the car door and sees a bunch of keys on the seat.So he picks um up and throws them aside, says, "Man you got a lot of keys," and jumps in the car. He then looks at the guy and realizes its not Rich. Awkward moment. So being the extrovert he is, Ryan decided its a good time to introduce himself. He offers to shake the guys hand and says, "Hi I'm Ryan."

It was actually, Sky, the maintanence guy that works at the school where we have church. He was waving to me and the windows were tinted so I didn't recognize him. But the basic shape I saw looked like Rich, so I just assumed. I didnt know what kind of car Rich had.

So, the next Sunday, Sky, the maintanence guys asked me what happened. I told him sorry and I thought he was someone else. He was laughing and tripping out on this guy who just moves his stuff and jumps in his car. He just stared at him the whole time.

Ryan totally blames me for telling him to get in the wrong car. But I really feel he fully earned the gold for that one.

Love ya Ryan!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well done kelli, these special moments should be preserved and shared :)

Swedishbrick said...

Kelli thank you and your friend('s)
for the good laugh! That is funny!