
Well, sorry about the last post. I guess it was a downer for some of you. But I felt better after I wrote. And I felt great the next day. Kinda tweaked how the body can be out one day and fine the next. I mean I was slightly queasy but nothing like Sunday.
Anyway, I'm not posting about my health today. I am posting about a book called "The Heavenly Man" by Brother Yun and Paul Hattaway. I read this awhile back, but was thinking about it today. Its the true story of Brother Yun who was a Christian in China. I was going to just paste some excerpts from some random site but this post would be way to long so instead I'll just link you to the excerpts.
Basically the story is about how God miraculously heals his father and saves the whole family. His mother had learned of Jesus many years before, and during this hard time the Holy Spirit speaks to her to have hope and pray to heal his father.
So then starts Brother Yun's relationship with the Lord and he desires a Bible. It was illegal to have a Bible but he prays and fasts for one and the Lord provides one for him, miraculously.
I gotta tell you this part, basically he's fasted for over a hundred days to receive a Bible. He just ate one small bowl of rice a day. His parents think he's going crazy. He then has a dream of three men. One of the men gives him a red bag with a bun in it. The bun turns into a Bible when he puts it to his mouth.
So as he comes out of the vision he frantically is looking all over the house for a Bible to appear. This is all happening at 4am. His parents think he's fully nuts. Then there is a faint knock at the door and he runs over and says "Are you bringing the bread to me?" and the voice he heard in the dream says to him, "Yes, we have a bread feast to give you." So he opens the door and sees the men from his dream. They then hand him a red bag and in it is a Bible.
I love these kinds of stories. So then the story goes on about how he lives secretly as a Christian but gets caught and is tortured. But the Lord is so with him in prison. He's imprisoned many times in the book and God does some nuts stuff. Like one time he fasted like some ridiculous amount of time that no one could survive if they fasted that long. But not only that the guys in prison with him get saved, too.
And then there's another time he walks out of the full on heavy duty security prison. He has a broken leg or something and he walks through like a bunch of check points and across the yard and through the front doors of the prison. Its so God!!!
Anyway, he and his family end up leaving China and being smuggled into Burma. And since they have been free from their captivity in China and are on to other missions. See their latest mission to go Back to Jerusalem.
They still face persecution and many don't believe his story. But just because one doesn't believe something is true doesn't make it not true. If its true, its true. Can you tell I believe it?
Check out what he has to say in parts of his book. I find it super inspiring because he really preserved and saw God move radically in so many ways.
You can order this book at Amazon if you want to read the whole thing. It so worth the read. I think I read it in 2 days.
No comments:
Post a Comment