I was channel surfing one night and came across a woman talking about women and the changes that are coming about in the Middle East because women are speaking out. She was talking about a particular woman and her blog. I can't rember the story at present but I was so intrigued I searched out a blogger she called Big Pharoah. I found his blog and a bunch of other bloggers who regularly write about the news and in Egypt and all over the Middle East area.
I have added their blogs to my side bar. Mona El Tahawy was the woman I saw on TV. She's seems pretty cool and on a mission to inform the world about the abuses against Muslim women in and outside of the Middle East. Big Pharoah and Sandmonkey are a few I follow regularly as they are pretty current. They also have a ton of listings in their sidebars.
I've always been interested in the Middle East ever since I worked at Pyramids after college. It wasn't the waiting tables or the food that enticed me. It was Magdy and Fayez and them teaching me arabic. I got to a point where they would make me get out of the kitchen when they were talking. I didn't have a clue but I knew enough to pick out some words. Maybe it was just because I was a woman standing there staring at them. I dunno.
But either way, I so want to go to Egypt and to Israel. I know its nuts there but its only gonna get worse, so I figure the sooner I go the better. I did look at a YWAM school in Israel and considered taking a course there to teach English. But unless my father releases me to go its not an option.
So in the meantime I read these blogs about the area and pray for a way to go someday in the Lord's perfect timing.
No comments:
Post a Comment