Friday, March 17, 2006

Nothing really satisfies

I been saying this over and over this week
I been living this over and over this last year

Nothing satisfies me
with every breath and every minute
I am more and more certain there is nothing more in this world for me

I want, I crave, I desire, I desperately need more
I will never be able to quench this longing
because in this world
nothing really sastifies

There is nothing in this world that can fill me
not clothes, food, or drink

fads change quickly
no matter what some people think

Hunger comes shortly after a meal

things break
status is a competition
events last for a night
and people come and go

No, none of these things can satisfy

I admit I get charged, sparked and reeved on somethings
boys, and crushes
accomplishments and acknowledgments
but these are only passing swells
fun little rides to the beach
with little tricks and flips

These don't sustain
these are just accessories of life

Just because it blings,
doesn't mean it sustains
dont cling to it
everything that shines, fades

Except the one who was, and is and is to come
His glory never fades
His love does sustain
and He will always remain true.

No comments: