My friend has the best trained dogs in the world. I'm dog sitting, again. I told everyone I wasn't gonna do any this year and my best friend called me crying saying she didn't have anyone to watch her dogs for a week. So I crumbled. I tried to get her to find someone else but it didn't come together.
Anyway, she has two weimaraners, Hula Girl and Kapena. They are trained really good and actually listen when I tell them to sit, lie down and stay. Its so amazing. Most dogs I sit listen a little bit but with two huge dogs you need to have them trained or they will knock you over.
Actually, they still do almost knock me down. They get super excited when I come home and if I make them sit their whole body wags. Its so cute.
But tonite, Kapena could hear the other dogs in the neighborhood barking and ran toward that end of the yard to join in the party. Being that it was 11:30pm I thought I should keep him quiet. So I called him and he came but excitedly ran back to the other side of the yard a few times. So I finally had him lie down and stay. And it worked. He stopped barking and running over there.
I'm so amazed. Some would think it was their own great authority that made the dog obey. Their commanding voice that did it. But I know its just that Mis has trained her dogs so well that they really obey well. Its so cool. I don't even have to raise my voice or anything when I call them, they come real easy and listen well.
But they are happy and very inquisitive so they will knock you down and lick you to death if you're not careful.
1 comment:
Those are cool dogs for sure, and its amazing they listen and obey so well. :) Well done Missy.
Post a Comment