Monday, December 26, 2005

Touching the Harvest

Ok, well I somewhat got thru Christmas. Still need to mail my parents gifts and wrap a few.

Tonite I went to a party where some of the folks are doing house church also. Last week the third party I went to I ran into this guy I met like 5 years ago at a camp. I was wondering what he was doing at this party as I thought he was a Christian. Apparently he was wondering what was up with me and why I was there.

Well, come to find out he's doing house church too. It just blew my mind that God would be doing something with our church and then doing it in other peoples hearts here on this little island at the same time. God is sooo cool like that. He sovereignly places His will in differnt places to advance His kingdom.

So after talking briefly, we found that I had some resources he'd been trying to get. It will be exciting to see what becomes of their group. It was so cool to go to this party tonite and just talk with the others in his HC about what God's been doing with them.

I am so stoked I'm free to just go and be missional. I been meeting all kinds of cool people and I feel like my heart has more compassion and love for strangers. Its really weird. I just want to talk to anyone about anything. Its sounds kinda lame writing it like that but that's what it is.

Basically it stems from this past summer, when I felt all bent and frustrated. I wanted to go out and do something. Just go somewhere and just meet people. I was super antsy and I had no one to go with me. I didn't really know where I wanted to go, I just wanted to go where people were.

I prayed about it cause I felt like I shouldn't be anxious and aggitated. Then I saw and image of wheat fields and I so badly wanted to go up to them and touch the wheat and begin to harvest it. But I didn't know how to harvest it or know when it was ready to be cut. But I still wanted to be near it. I felt like I was so far away.

I knew that this was the Lord putting this aggitation in me and stirring me to get out and hang with those who don't know him. It wasn't the first time I felt this way, but it was never this strong. Everytime I shared this with some friends, I would start to cry. I wanted it so bad.

And this past weekend and tonite, I was able to hang with all kinds of people. Some knew the Lord and some didn't and it was great. The environment was total flowing, no agenda and some were just plain crazy. People were just being themselves and it was cool.

1 comment:

The_LoneTomato said...

So glad you could be there, was great meeting you. You have an effortless way with people. Watching you, it was impossible to tell who you met that night and who you'd known for years.