Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Dealing Drugs

"...so do you girls take pharmaceuticals?"
Without looking shocked or pissed off, I calmly replied, "no we don't."
Trying to explain what he meant he awkwardly continued, "oh, its just for muscle spasms and that kine stuff."
I nodded my head, thinking, "How can I get this guy locked up? Grrrrrr."
He asked us again if to clarify or see if we changed our minds. "No, were clean," I said and had to restrain from saying thank you at the end of my decline.

Its a habit to say thank you when turnging down something offered to you.

I was so disgusted. But I was still polite. He was a person, who had a life. Maybe a messed up life but still I wanted to treat him with dignity. If he hadn't offered us drugs I would've thought so much better of him. But then he turned out to be one of the many dealers around the area.

As I drove home I thought about why he came up to us to try and sell. We were just two girls sitting in front of the Vietnamese restaraunt after work. I thought he must've thought about picking us up. The only time I've been hit up to "party" (do drugs) is when guys want to pick you up. I was so disgusted. That thought made me not want to treat him with any dignity.

I dont know what would've happened and never will. I would never do drugs and don't know exactly how horrid a life immersed in that can be. I can only say I've seen people I love held captive in that nightmare and it really is a wicked and sick place to be.

I know it sounds callous and cruel to be mad at him or people (mainly men) in that place, but honestly, I can't build relationship with them (esp. men) and think they will walk out of it into a clean and healthy life. That's just being totally unrealistic and stupid. *shrug* So whattaya gonna do but keep a distance and let the police deal with it.

Now the LAW, that is something that can deal with them. Maybe not how they like, and maybe not in a nice way. Sad thing is my friend commented that even in jail they do drugs, so its not any kind of rehab at all whatsoever. Kinda sad no matter which way you look at it.

No comments: