Saturday, February 12, 2005

Love Is All We Need

I named this page Conquer the World cause that's always my reason for why I'm so busy, because I'm trying to conquer the world. Kinda like in Spiderman 2 how he was never in class and always late for work and stuff because he was busy saving lives and doing good. Kinda like that.

I don't want to take over the world, YUCK! Who'd want to manage that? I just want to see the world changed in a number of areas. It doesn't have to be done by me but just done.

I'd like to see:
life valued (for all ages and peoples)
people living in familiarity, where no one is alone or a stranger
people filled with hope and encouragement

Well I could go on and it'd be all this ideal stuff, but I guess it comes down to love. So if love makes the world go round then the way I see it is we're heading for a skreatching halt. The times we live in everyone is isolated, self interested and if you ask me pretty insecure.

I have to admit I've never seen the movie "Pay it Forward," but I think the principle of the movie was that you do a good thing for another person and if affects them to do so and so on. Well thats kinda how I wanna live. Imagine the impact, you do something for another person out of genuine love, like 10 times a day and they pass it on . . . whoa, the implications could be nuts. Of course you'll have a few people who are having the bad day or the bad lifetime. It could take a few cracks before they move out of their bitter zone, but hey its an investment.

So thats my whole theory on how to take over, um, I mean, conquer the world. If you are interested in becoming a member of my new cult . . . uh, I mean, joining me in this endevor go out and love another person.

And I'm not talking about that kind of LOVE. I mean acts of service kind of love. Ok? That other free LOVE just makes your head spin and we want to keep the world going, not make people even more neurotic than they are.

Well, I myself need to really test this theory out. Some days I just don't have the love and gotta work harder at it than others. But I'll get back to you all and let you know the results. Maybe I should watch the "Pay it Forward" movie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hello kelli i'm doing nothing so i decided to look at your emails. you're pretty funny and kind of weird (funny weird!)this is the anonymous person talking to you. maybe you can guess who i am. well, my favorite movie is the last of the mohicans, which is about indians, who are really cool. i'm me, that's a big hint, huh? well, i want to travel just like you do. i'm sorry about your cyst thingy. i hope you're feeling better. my school is going on a trip to australia and new zealand in spring 2006. i really want to go but it's $4,213. i really want to go. they are going to a rainforest (something i've always wanted to do)and national parks and all this really awesome stuff. what do you think of the home church idea? i think it's kinda messed up. it's like so not official and i guess i'm just not used to things like that. maybe i'll like it eventually. i'm sick and haven't gone outside for about three days. i just have a cold but it's driving me nuts. well bye