Monday, February 14, 2005

Living it Up

Ok so today I'm home sick. My arm is sore and I didn't sleep well last nigth and I'm super drained.

Yesterday at church one of the things that grabbed me was that we should live like everday is our last. That's kinda how I learned to surf - paddle for every wave like its your last wave. It makes for a good session. So everyday lived like its the last would logically make for a good life.

Well, I'm lying in bed at 2pm thinking I don't want to be here. I usually push myself and I want to listen to my body if it needs rest but man, I'm trying to live here! If this was my last day that'd be really sad.

My arm hurts because I had a cyst under my arm and the doctor removed it on Friday. I just went in for a consultation because it was submitted to him as a level 4 cancer. So when he saw it he said it was probably just a cyst and he could take it out right there. He made it sound so simple. Well it was for him. Its my body that has to heal after being cut open and stitched up.

During the whole procedure, I was trying to think of anything but what he was doing, and I realized I was thankful I wasn't having some major body part removed. It was just a little cyst that I didn't need.

So my arm is kinda raw from the tape and bandages and so I gotta leave the stitches open. My arm is all purple underneath and tender. Not fun really. But like I said I'm grateful its small compared to having cancer.

Last night RK mentioned I looked like I was in pain. I was all thinking, how could he tell? Mr. word of knowledge or was I just babying my arm? Probably.

Well I'm suppose to go to dinner with my Aunty tonite but I dunno. Depends on how much energy I have. Well on the bright side at lease I don't care it Valentines day.

No comments: