Saturday, September 17, 2005

What's in You?

I been so busy with meetings every week that last night I reached my limit. My mindset is in transition from institution to organic natural happenings. I love the relationships I have with the girls, the youth and with others in my church, but I meet with them mostly out of structured meetings. There is an agenda to meet and its not all casual.

Wednesday was great cause Lisa and I went and ate after our "meeting" and that was way more relaxing than our meeting time. Weird.

Then last night Missy and I went to dinner. I just wanted a night to go sit down, be waited on and relax. So we met at CPK, but the wait was 45min. She had to be a work at 5am so she suggested we go someplace else. As we walked, trying to figure out where to go, I lost it.

It wasn't a big deal, I just wanted a simple dinner and social time, but I didn't realize how maxed I was. The issue to figure out where to eat and get a table, etc. etc. just pushed me over my limit. I was already bummed it was a Friday and I was going home to clean my room and catch up on basic life, because my week was so hectic and then got to hook up and go out at the last minute was great, but then the stress. Ugh.

I told Mis I just needed to sit down for a minute before I lose it. I need to break out of the rush and agenda mode. She and I sat and didnt talk for a few minutes. I calmed down and we decided on a place and ended up having Greek food, red wine and a great time.

Today, we had a meeting and it was so good. We talked about the structure and natural growth. It really needs to be a balance. Not everything should be agenda. If we make it all agenda meetings then we are just going through the motions.

But on the other hand, if there was no structure what would happen? If you didn't have to go to church on Sunday, (reminder: which no one really needs to do) what would you do? Would you still have time in praise and worship to God? If the church wasn't doing a service to the community, would you even see needs and step up and begin to do outreches and services?

If there was no structure, what is in you would be revealed. If you have the Kingdom in you it would come out and you'd do things without needing to be told. The Christian basics would still be in you - spend time with God, serve the needy and poor, share the love of God, would be natural.

If you need a Sunday service to connect with God and an event to minister, you don't have enough of the Kingdom of God in you. It needs to be lived, it needs to a part of us. It needs to go beyond a meeting into authentic quality time.

How many of us meet with others because its the thing you do. We meet to discuss what the pastor preached on Sunday and answer the 5 questions and how we are going to "change" our lives. Those meetings work and do help us to grow, but there is also a deeper way to grow, a quicker way to grow and be transformed.

I am so hungry for authentic, free flowing Christianity and yet, I do have meetings I need to have. So I'm being refined and need to really change me mindset. But yet I want to live by the Spirit and not agenda. It's really quite a balance.

No comments: