My heart is so grieved for what is happening in New Orleans. Its like Katrina wiped out everything except a few good and a lot of wicked.
In college we went to Mardi Gras in New Orleans for a regatta. It was a great time we stayed in a beautiful house in the Garden District, partied down in the French Quarter and ate Crawdads and Jumbalaya. There was a party almost everywhere we went and it was a lively time.
There were also some pretty heavy things, too: like the drastic poverty right next to the old beautiful mansions in the Garden district or like the "Thou Shall Not Kill" sign in one part of town. I think we were lost.
Another heavy deal was when one of our team mates got separated from us and lost because of the crowd. He wandered down a street, that wasn't crowded, don't ask why, and witnessed some cop chasing some guy and shooting him.
Lets see, oh and my coach mentioned he got lost and some guy threatened his life and he ran and got outta there. Not a good thing to get lost in a city at night.
Me and one of my other team mates were standing at the bus stop about 3am. We figured they were still running as everything was still happening. But I guess they weren't. Then this car with two older ladies pulled up and said in their southern sweetness, "What are ya'll doing standing out here? You're gonna get shot!" With that they told us to jump in and they drove us back to the house.
It is so sick the things I'm reading in the news as to people being raped, killed and the filth everywhere. I don't need to link to the articles, go to any news page and read it. My prayers go out to all the survivors who are stuck at the Superdome. Those who have gotten out of New Orleans may have lost everything they have but they have more than those still there at present.
Lord deliver them from the prevailing wickedness and let it not prosper as you bring them out of their "captivity." Restore hope and life to each person, renew them and renew New Orleans and every state that has felt the beatings of Katrina. Bring order, peace and justice in to this traumatic event and circumstance. Don't let the wicked escape, those raping and killing and stealing. Lord stop their hands and feet and let no more harm and wickedness be unleashed. Amen.
I want to read stories of hope and order in the media now. Anymore horrific news on this and I'm gonna be sick to my stomach. I dunno if I have faith to expect it to get better, as its pretty horrible. But the only way a miracle can happen is if we all ask for one. You don't get if you don't ask. So Lord, please do a miracle soon, and not just one, but many.
No comments:
Post a Comment