I'm housesitting this beautiful house in Manoa valley. I'm taking care of a cat and 3 (well now only 2) fish. Yes, I told her I just killed my fish but she didn't mind. So Wendy, the owner, gave me the scoops and it all seemed like cake and eating it, too, to watch their place.
So the first thing that becomes a challenge is that I cant get in the front door. The key works but if the lock goes over all the way and then clicks, I can't open it with the key. STRANGE. So don't ask, but I got in. So then the first night the cat, Cleo, comes in and meows from like 4:30am til like 8am. She had food and I didn't know what she wanted. She's all jumping on my head and all meowing the whole time. Its a wonder I didn't loose it. I later figured out she wanted to go out. Well they have a cat door but she doesn't like to use it. HIGH MAINTENANCE KITTY.
So then I go to feed the fish and one is upside down. NOT GOOD. Wendy just told me how her little boy was really upset about flushing the other ones after they died. So I'm like great another dead fish and her son's gonna be scarred for life. I fed them and everything, so I was pretty distraught. Not only that but the other two fish were nibbling on him. CANNIBLE FISH! I never would've thought gold fish would be so sick.
So then that night comes around and alls good. Cleo came back in but went back out for the night. So I slept great.
The next night Cleo is in, and decides she wants out again at 4am. So I get up and shut the door. So in the morning I decide she is going to learn how to use the cat door and like it. So I open the bedroom door and as I walk down the hall the house alarm goes off. Cleo freaks and now I think she's scarred for life.
They have an alarm key pad in the bedroom so I figured they set it at night. I thought it was only for the outside doors and not the inside doors. WRONG. So I get the call from the security company, the cops come by and I'm all pre-brushed teeth and in pajamas stage. NICE. They thought I was a criminal but then decided I was too compliant and they were ok.
I didn't miss the kitty door 101 lesson though. Cleo got put through the door. She fought but then once she realized she was outside, where she wanted to be the whole time, she got a grip on herself and layed down all pretty. PLEASE.
Its just been three days the way I see it, its all the cats fault. Even the fish. Tonites schedule - no alarm and first thing in the morning is kitty door lessons. I dont know if its possible to train a cat or just continually make suggestions, even forceful ones, till they decide they want to do it. Hmmm. I do love a project and a challenge.
1 comment:
Housesitting rule #1: the key shall never work in a normal key fashion. It must always have some querky way to unlock the front door.
Housesitting rule #2: the household pet must be exceptionally annoying and/or dead.
...isn't that always the way?? or maybe we just had some bad housesitting experiences....
-wink-
Post a Comment