The other night we were in worship and I heard the Lord say, "The fire is on the altar, where is your offering?" I saw an altar with fire on it but no offering. I was reminded that repentance is our offering.
I looked up 2 Corinthians 7:10, "Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret, but wordly sorrow brings death." Repentance leads to salvation. Burnt offerings in the old testament were to cleanse from sin and allow freedom from judgment. We were worshiping but I felt like we weren't really coming before the Lord properly, ready to lay down our sins and repent and be made cleansed. Later as we shared what the Holy Spirit spoke to us some also felt the unction to repentance.
I also remembered Romans 12:1, "Offer your bodies as living sacrifices holy and pleasing to the Lord - this is your spiritual act of worship." When we come before the Lord to offer ourselves but we are offering everything, the good and the bad and all our desires, hopes and dreams, in exchange for His good, His desires and passions.
Today, I was reminded of this website called "Fire on the Altar." I totally forgot about this site. So I went to it tonite and found an audio file called "Eternity." Check it out. Its about 14 mintues long. Its a mix of a woman talking and worship in the background. Its got a funky echo thing every now and then. I think its pretty cool.
"You can be eternally wealthy, ... eternally great."
No comments:
Post a Comment