I was just sitting here talking to the Big Guy and I was realizing that I have this mindset that says, I always have to give up what I want. So he asks me what it is I want. I start telling him and I realize that I have old programming that kicks in. Old programming that doesn't take me to the things I want, but leads me to giving up because I dont know what else to do.
Example, I have an old version of Pagemaker, a desktop publishing program. It only works in Classic mode, OS 9. We have a color printer at the office but I cant print anything I create or edit in Pagemaker on the new color laser printer. It only prints for OS X programs. And I can't save anything in Pagemaker to anything that opens in OS X. So I print in black and white.
The old doesn't mix with the new. Kinda like pouring new wine in old wineskins, the skins burst. New software in an old operating system doesn't work too well either. And neither does old thinking mix with new thinking.
I know all the Lord's promises are good and he doesn't put desires in my heart then hold it back. Its my old thinking telling me the software (his word and truth) can't be trusted. It isn't gonna do what I need it to do and it isn't gonna get me to where I desire to go. Plus I don't always know how to use the new software right away. And honestly it is tempting to just continue to work in the old software and OS because its familiar.
But the truth is Pagemaker isn't gonna help me create webpages, more creative publishing layouts and export to PDF. But the upgraded software I bought, like God's word in my life now) will let me do all I can imagine and more.
I know I will see the desires of my heart fulfilled and its gonna take some time for me to adjust to believeing that. A mindset shift isn't easy but like new software you need to come to the awareness that what you got isn't working. That's why I'm "freezing up." Need to download some updates and truth to fix the bugs in my system. I love my talks with my Tech Support in the sky.
No comments:
Post a Comment