Halloween is coming up and that means its time for witches and ghouls. I can't say I was ever the holiday celebrating kind of witch. I just practiced my personal beliefs in private. I wasn't into organized religion which is really funny cause now I work part-time for a church and am in youth ministry. HA! Life is full of changes.
The other day I was talking on my phone and was inching along in traffic, and I told my friend on the phone I was behind a witch. She sounded confused so I told her the car in front of me had a pentagram and a bumper sticker that said "Goddess Bless America." She was still quiet, til I got closer and read the other bumper sticker that said, "Where there's a witch, there's a way." She was totally shocked.
Its actually not that uncommon anymore I told her. But when I was in high school I didn't tell anyone I was into witchcraft or new age stuff. I lived on Kauai, where its total small-townville.
I'd read Tarot cards only for certain people I felt wouldn't freak on me and for my mom's friends. It was kinda like counseling adults, now that I think about it.
Over the phone my friend and I prayed for the family in the car in front of me to be free from all the demonic harassment that comes with dabbling in the occult. One in the occult doesn't realize the bondage of it until they are out. It's quite the deception.
Being that it's the Halloween season I thought I'd share some freaky stories from my occultic background and my transition into freedom in Jesus. Honestly, I love to talk about anything supernatural, so the Halloween season is a good excuse to tell "ghost" stories and about how God is a supernatural God.
Here's the first one:
Love Spells & Nightmares
In college I did a spell on this guy I liked in my ceramics class. We often flirted with eachother and even named his new puppy after me.
I was tired of him not asking me out or whatever so I decided to do a love spell on him. I couldn't get anything that belonged to him so I used a bowl that one of the guys in our class made and put both our names on it. It was a joke cause we always were flirting.
So one night after one of my evening classes I went by and swiped it and used it for the spell. I made a paste of some stinky herb and some other stuff. The original spell called for the stinky mix to be put on my feet and when he smelled it he'd be entranced – it has to be magic for something stinky to make someone fall in love with you.
I kinda worried about him liking me, and then me not really liking him later, but shrugged it off. I didn't want to deal with the long term effects, I just wanted him to like me NOW.
Well, I never anticipated what happened later on that night. No, he didn't call me up professing undying love. I had a full blown nightmare of a man in black, with a mask on his face and a sickle in his hand. He broke into our apartment and was trying to kill my family. Not me, but my family.
So the next morning, I was trying to figure out what that dream was all about. It wasn't in my dream book that I came across the answer, it was my Tarot book that revealed it. There was a section in the back of the book that had a chart of elements. The herbs I used in my spell and the weapon in my dream were under the same category. That was enough to tell me my dream and the spell were linked.
I immediately rinsed the bowl out and threw it away. I didn't do anymore spells or love spells after that.
I believe spells work and that they are carried out by evil spirits. I believe they are a deception and manipulation and there is power in them and peoples lives and wills are affected. I read in a book by a Christian author, a comment by a girl who used to be a witch and she and her group did spells against the church and Christians. She said that spells against Christians don't work. But she noted that was only against Christians who were fully commited to the Lord. She noted that spells against luke-warm Christians did work.
Scary thought, if you're not sure where your relationship with God is at. Better turn up the heat if you're just room temperature.
2 comments:
Crazy & interesting story.
So now you just cast spells on guys so they bring you tea bags?
How is tea-bag boy?
Duane
Tea-bag boy is good I guess. And I didn't put any spell on him. I can't help it if I'm beautiful and boys ... I mean, men ... I mean, whoever... can't help but throw cinammon tea bags at me. Can you blame them?
Post a Comment